Teeth Whitening service in Kathmandu Nepal is available at Shangrila Dental Clinic.
Teeth whitening treatment eliminates stains on teeth due to food, coffee, tobacco. The teeth whitening gel lightens the discoloration in the teeth and significantly brightens the smile.
At Shangrila Dental Clinic Kathmandu,https://shangriladental.com/ we offer two options of teeth whitening to choose from
- In-office teeth whitening
- Home teeth whitening
Both the procedure involves the use of a chemically activated whitening agent in gel form. The only difference being the concentration of the gel.
In-office teeth whitening
It is an exceptionally quick and simple treatment. The chemically activated whitening gel doesn’t require a hot uncomfortable light. In a single dental visit of 40-60 minutes, results are visible. The whitening gel is completely safe and also helps to protect dental enamel during treatment with added potassium nitrate and fluoride.
In-office teeth whitening procedure
- Using an ultrasonic scaler, the debris from the surface of the teeth will be removed
- To record the “before” color of teeth, a photograph will be taken
- To expose the gums, a cheek retractor will be used.
- As a barrier to protect the gum a resin will be applied them
- The whitening gel will then be applied in the teeth and left for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, to remove the gel suction will be used
- More gel will be applied for another 20 minutes
- The gel will be suctioned
- Rinsing and cleaning of mouth will be done and “after” whitening photograph taken
- Teeth whitening should only be used on healthy teeth that are free from decay and gum disease.
- Difficult stains or extreme discoloration may require additional visits.
Home teeth whitening
This whitening system is used to whiten your teeth in the comfort of your home. We will take a mold of your teeth and then make custom whitening home trays for you which will fit you perfectly. You will be provided with whitening gel in syringe form. A small amount of the whitening gel needs to be placed in the whitening trays. You need to wear the tray for up to 4-6 hours for 1-2 weeks.
How these teeth whitening gel works
The sticky viscous composition of the gel stays in place and provides sustained peroxide release for superior whitening results. It enters the enamel and does its job. Whitening occurs as oxygen molecules from the whitening agent spread throughout the tooth and react with the discolored molecules in your teeth. This whitens the entire teeth.
It is a safe, non-invasive and effective teeth whitening system.