Looking for the price of Zirconia crown in Nepal? First, lets understand about crown in general.
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are used to entirely cover or “cap” a damaged tooth or implant. Crown work as a cap that sits on top of an existing tooth and improves tooth function. It is also worn to improve the appearance of a tooth which has become stained or disfigured over the years.
What is Zirconia? How is Zirconia different from other crown?
The use of Porcelain Fused to metal (PFM) crowns are literally being phased out, because of their characteristic flaws like chipping-cracking-breakage. The improved material options now available for making crowns aren’t as susceptible to breakage like in the past.
Zirconia crowns are the strongest type of dental crown available on the market at this moment. Zirconia crowns are derived from zirconium, which is a metal closely related to titanium. Through a chemical process known as the Kroll process, the metallic zirconium is reduced to zirconium oxide powder. The zirconium oxide powder is no longer a metal and is more commonly known as Zirconia, a ceramic material. Zirconia crowns are manufactured from this zirconium oxide. It is fast becoming popular because it combines the strength of metal crowns with the natural appearance of porcelain crown. This means that you get double the benefits from a single package. A CAD-CAM (Computer assisted designing – Computer assisted milling) computerized cutting machine is used (which is the latest in digital dentistry) to make this Zirconia crown.
Advantages of Zirconia Crown
- Strength: Various fluids and foods consumed over years lead to the corrosion of the dental crowns. But Zirconium crowns do not undergo corrosion like most of the other types of dental crowns. This factor contributes majorly to having a long life. Zirconia crowns therefore are extremely durable and thus last longer compared to other crowns.
- Aesthetics: Zirconia crowns have an attractive translucent color, meaning that it allows light to pass through as a normal tooth would, therefore giving the tooth the natural transparency that real teeth have. With the Zirconia, it will be hard for someone to differentiate or distinguish the crown tooth from the other natural teeth. In addition, there is no grey line on gums visible compared to that of conventional metal-based ceramic crowns.
- Biocompatible: Zirconia crowns are biocompatible, meaning that there’s no risk of body rejecting Zirconia or having an allergic reaction. That is why Zirconia is also used in many other medical applications such as artificial joints. Also, Zirconium has extremely low thermal conductivity so the normal cold or hot sensations felt with other types of dental crowns are virtually nonexistent with the Zirconia crowns. It is safe to use and preferred by many people.
- Retain more of the existing tooth: It is a more conservative procedure i.e. less preparation is required on the respective teeth which means more of the original tooth is preserved.
Disadvantages of Zirconia Crown
- Some people are concerned about friction or excess wear on the surrounding teeth as a result of zirconia’s tough surface. This is usually not an issue, however, and regular dental checkups can ensure this does not happen.
- Some may not be satisfied with the color of Zirconia. Because compared to Emax, its color is inferior.
- The final disadvantage is the Zirconia crown price in Nepal. They are the strongest dental crown available, but they are also the most expensive. However, since they last longer than other crowns so, over the long term, Zirconium crowns cost less than the regular crowns.
To summarize, Full-contour zirconia crowns are the strongest, most fracture resistant, tooth colored restorations in dentistry today.
The cost of Zirconia Crown at Shangrila Dental Clinic (https://shangriladental.com/contact-us/ )is 20,000 Rs per unit. To schedule an appointment please call 01-4423123 OR 9841815537.